RAID 5 Technology
RAID 5 technology offers the most available capacity with data protection in the case of a drive failure. RAID 5 technology uses an algorithm to distribute your data over 3 or more hard disk drives and, in the case of a hard drive failure, the ShareCenter will continue to function with your data intact.
RAID 1 Technology
RAID 1 is like a backup for your backup. It causes the drives in your storage device to mirror each other, so if one drive fails the unaffected drive will continue to function until the failed one is replaced.
Robust Backup Software
The included feature-rich backup software allows you to create schedules and rules including full or incremental backups as well as set storage quotas for specific users and groups.
FTP and UPnP
For flexible usage, the DNS-343-4TB includes features such as a built-in FTP server to access files over the Internet and a UPnP Media server to stream digital content to compatible media players, such as those found in the D-Link MediaLounge® product line.
USB Print Server
This storage device can also serve as a USB print server, allowing you to share a single USB printer over your network. The USB port can also support a Universal Power Supply (UPS) monitor that supports ‘smart’ signaling over a USB connection. If a power outage were to occur, the compatible UPS monitor would allow the UPS unit to safely shut down the ShareCenter.
With a luminous and vivid OLED display, you can stop guessing what’s going on with your storage device and let it tell you. It displays important information including IP address, hard drive statistics, temperature, RAID status, and server status (FTP and UPnP).
Not to worry, Mac users! ShareCenter can back up your data regardless of your computer’s operating system (Windows, Mac or Linux).
D-Link Easy Search Utility
The D-Link Easy Search Utility allows you to locate your ShareCenter from anywhere on the network and map your network drive so it will conveniently appear in "My Computer" on your PC.
This ShareCenter features two cooling fans that only come on when hard drives need cooling, saving you power and money.
10/100/1000 Gigabit Port
The 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet port gives you blazing fast speeds so you can back up and access your data without the wait.
- IEEE 802.3 10Base-T Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3u 100Base-TX Fast Ethernet
- IEEE 802.3ab 1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet
- Support Hard Drive Type
- 3.5" Internal SATA Hard Drive
- 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
- Jumbo Frame support up to 9000 Bytes****
- 1 x USB Print Server/UPS Monitoring Port
- Drive Management
- Five Different Hard Drive Configurations (RAID 0, 1, 5, JBOD, Standard)
- Drive Status with E-mail Alerts
- Drive Quotas
- Power Management
- Device Management
- Internet Explorer® v6 or other Java-enabled Browsers
- HDD 1
- HDD 2
- HDD 3
- HDD 4
- OLED Display Screen
- Device Name
- UPnP™ Status (on/off)
- IP Address
- Formatting Percentage
- Firmware Version
- Hard Drive Space
- RAID Status
- FTP Server Status (Started/Stopped)
- FCC Class B
- Operating Temperature
- 30º to 104º F (0º to 40º C)
- Operating Humidity
- 90% Maximium Non-Condensing
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Item: 5.1” x 7.9” x 7.2”
- Packaging: 12.4” x 10.5” x 11.2”
- 1 Year Limited**
- Minimum System Requirements
- Computer with:
- • 1GHz Processor
• 512MB RAM
• 200MB of Available Hard Disk Space
• Windows® 7, Windows Vista® or Windows® XP SP2**
• CD-ROM Drive to View Product Documentation and Install Software
- Package Contents
- ShareCenter 4-Bay Network Storage with RAID 5 Support
- Power Adapter
- Rubber Feet
- CD ROM*** with:
- • Installation Wizard
• Product Documentation
* Four 1TB 3.5” SATA hard drives included. When referring to hard drive capacity, one gigabyte, or GB equals one billion bytes and one terabyte or TB, equals one trillion bytes. Your computer’s operating system may use a different standard of measurement and report a lower capacity. In addition, some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus will not be available for data storage. The internal SATA drives come pre-formatted. RAID 1 mirroring requires a minimum of two (2) 3.5” SATA drives. RAID 5 requires a minimum of three (3) 3.5” SATA drives. To avoid compatibility issues in RAID 1 or RAID 5 operation, use SATA drives from the same manufacturer. Formatted drive capacity for RAID 1 and RAID 5 operation is dependent on the drive capacity of the smallest drive. May not work with older generation SATA drives. For a list of SATA drives that have been tested to work with the DNS-343, visit D-Link Tech Support site
** 1-Year Limited Warranty available only in the USA and Canada.
*** Latest software and documentation are available at D-Link Tech Support site.
Product specifications, size and shape are subject to change without notice, and actual product appearance may differ from that depicted herein.